Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: http://www.benefitsoffood.blogspot.com
#eggs #eggshealth #eggshealthbenefits
Top 5 Vitamins And Minerals In Eggs
Eggs are a very popular food choice for health conscious individuals since they are a great source of nutrition, contain protein and are packed with healthy fats. They are also quite easy to add to your diet since they can be prepared many ways and eaten throughout the day. Now, lets discuss some of the amazing vitamins and minerals in eggs.
1. First, eggs are a great source of selenium, an important mineral for our body. In jut one large egg, there is about 25% of the recommended daily value of selenium, which plays an important role in metabolism and thyroid health.
2. Eggs are also a good source of riboflavin, which is great for energy and breaking down nutrients. One egg contains about 15% of the daily recommended value of this vitamin which is needed for our overall health.
3. Consuming eggs is also a great way to add vitamin B12 to your diet. If you eat one whole egg, this will provide about 11% of the daily recommendation of this vitamin. Vitamin B12 deficiency can be common and can cause a lack of energy and even memory issues.
4. Another great mineral that whole eggs provide us with and can promote our overall health is phosphorus. One large egg contains over 10% of the daily recommended value of this mineral. Phosphorus is vital for carbohydrate and fat utilization and also for teeth and bone health.
5. Lastly, surprising to some, but whole eggs are a good source of iron, an important mineral that individuals can be deficient in at times. One egg contains 5% of the daily recommended value of iron. Iron is very important for our overall health since it is needed to make hemoglobin that carry oxygen throughout the body.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and share. If you would like to hear about more healthy foods, and food and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.
If you liked this content, check out Multi Vitamin and Multi Mineral