The appropriate vitamins and minerals can boost your overall thyroid function and improve your overall health. Many people with thyroid and autoimmune thyroid conditions have deficiencies.
The top 6 vitamins and minerals that I find most hypothyroid patients are deficient in:
1. Iodine: thyroid hormones are built from this iodine molecule. Either T4 & T3 the central molecule is Iodine.
2. Zinc: helps build thyroid hormone to receptor sites.
3. Selenium: takes T4 (inactive) and helps it convert to T3 (active) form of thyroid hormones.
4. B- Vitamins: prescription medications will block the absorption of B-vitamins. Specifically B6, B9, and B12.
5. Choline: essential for brain function. Hypothyroidism will give brain fog, mood, and memory. Due to the decrease effects of choline.
6. Vitamin D: low vitamin levels will slow the absorption of vitamin D. Vitamin D is good for overall health.
***Click below to SUBSCRIBE for more videos **
Dr. Jinaan Jawad
26W276 Geneva Road Suite C
Carol Stream, IL 60188
Visit Us: http://totalhealthdupage.com
If you liked this content, check out Magnesium